Flu vaccination appointments are now available to book.
As part of the national programme – as last year – this people aged over 65 will be given a different vaccine to those under 65. Appointments for over 65s will be running from early October onwards and under 65s appointments from mid October. Our children’s clinic is on Sunday 3rd November.
If you are eligible but do not want a flu vaccine this year, please advise reception so we can remove you from this year’s list.
- Those aged 65 years and over.
- Adults aged under 65 in clinical risk groups e.g. heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, asthmatics on steroid inhalers, COPD, neurological disease, stroke or TIA, immuno-suppressed, or splenectomy
- Pregnant women
- All 2 – 10 year olds (age on 1st Sept 2019): 2 and 3 year olds by the surgery; older children will be vaccinated at school.
- 11 – 17 year olds (age on 1st Sept 2019) in clinical risk groups can be vaccinated by the surgery if they won’t receive the vaccine soon enough at school
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Care workers who work in care/nursing homes, hospices, or deliver homecare
Types of clinic
- Our children’s clinic is on the morning of Sunday 3rd November at Comberton Surgery. Appointments must be booked in advance.
- Over-65s: in addition to our usual bookable appointment, this year we are trialling a drop-in clinic on Thursday 17th October 14.00 – 16.00 at Eversden Surgery. There is no need to book an appointment, just come in on the day.
- Under-65s clinics: we’re offering booked appointments, including early evening appointments from 18.00 – 19.00