There have been posts on social media with false information about opting out of sharing your data with the NHS.
Here’s what you need to know:
- There is no 30 September deadline for opting out of sharing your data. You can opt out at any time.
- NHS Digital will never sell your data.
- There are strict rules about how NHS can use your data. It’s only shared securely and safely.
- Shared data helps the NHS. It has been used to find the first treatment for coronavirus and for vaccine research.
You can also make or change a choice for yourself by phoning the NHS Digital Contact Centre.
The phone number is 0300 303 5678 – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays).
A member of staff can:
- help you use the online service
- make or change a choice on your behalf
- print and post a form to you