Services available during Core Hours under the NHS Contract – 8:30am-6pm.
- General management of medical conditions
- Emergency care if appropriate
- Referral to other services if appropriate
- Health promotion advice
- Urgently required care for temporary residents
- Cervical screening – All the doctors are happy to see their own patients if preferred but in general, this service is provided by the Practice Nurses.
- Contraceptive services – The practice provides a full family planning service including the fitting of diaphragms and coils. You will be seen initially by your GP and the Practice Nurses will see you thereafter.
- Vaccinations and immunisations – The Practice nurses advised on and administer all childhood immunisations.
- Child health surveillance – Development checks are done during normal surgeries but please tell the receptionist when making the appointment if it is for a baby’s 6-week check as this is a longer appointment than normal. Reminders are not sent from the Health Authority so please make a note when your baby’s checks are due.
- Maternity services – All the doctors provide full ante-natal care working alongside the Community Midwife. Patients can choose whether to be referred to the Rosie Maternity Unit or Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
- Minor surgery procedures – A comprehensive service is available, please make an appointment in the first instance for an assessment by your doctor.
- Travel Health
- The Practice Nurses provide all necessary advice, health education and inoculations for any foreign travel.
- All injections which are available on prescription are free to registered patients. Please note not all inoculations are available on the NHS.
- The practice is a registered yellow fever centre.
- We can also supply antimalarials at a reasonable cost.
- The receptionists are happy to provide fuller details of the above services.
- Further information on travel
- Anticoagulation service
- Smoking cessation
- Minor injuries
- Chlamydia screening
- NHS health checks
- Registered patients aged between 16-75 who have not been seen for 3 years may request a consultation.
- Registered patients over 75 years who have not been seen the previous 12 months may request a consultation.