Flu vaccination appointments are now available to book.
As part of the national programme, this year people aged over 65 will be given a different vaccine to those under 65. Appointments for over 65s will be from September onwards and under 65s appointments from October – both are bookable now. Children’s appointments will be available to book soon.
If you are eligible but do not want a flu vaccine this year, please advise reception so we can remove you from this year’s list.
- Those aged 65 years and over.
- Adults aged under 65 in clinical risk groups e.g. heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, asthmatics on steroid inhalers, COPD, neurological disease, stroke or TIA, immuno-suppressed, or splenectomy.
- Pregnant women
- All 2 – 9 year olds (age on 1st Sept 2018): 2 and 3 year olds by the surgery; older children will be vaccinated at school.
- 10 – 17 year olds (age on 1st Sept 2018) in clinical risk groups can be vaccinated by the surgery if they won’t receive the vaccine soon enough at school.
- Those in long-stay residential care homes.
- Care workers who work in care/nursing homes, hospices, or deliver homecare